Subject: Re: Windows TRACE message
From: "Lars Gregersen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:29:40 -0100

> >  Mumit> What're windows TRACE messages?
> > 
> > I mean messages shows up in VC studio's message window (produced by
> > TRACE macro?).
> > 
> 
> TRACE is not part of Win32 API, but rather part of MFC. However, it
> looks like it's a "printf" style interface, so for a console-mode
> program, a trivial implementation may look like the following:

I prefer to use the API function OutputDebugString. It isn't as 
powerful as the printf type of commands, but it sends a string to a 
seperate debug window. This also has the great effect that I'f you're 
testing multiple programmes at the same time you get the output in 
order in the same window. It works for GUI and console programmes.

You can get a debug string viewer (for free) at www.sysinternals.com

  Regards

    Lars

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Lars Gregersen                         Telephone no.: +45 45 25 28 08
Technical University of Denmark        Fax no.      : +45 45 88 22 58
Department of Chemical Engineering     E-mail       : [email-masked]
Bygning 229
DK-2800 Lyngby
Denmark
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Homepage: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~matlg/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]