Subject: Re: How can I get a .dll to resolve at runtime ?
From: Tor Lillqvist <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 02:17:10 +0300 (FLE Daylight Time)

DJ Delorie writes:
 > One thing to try is to export the function with a .DEF file, and see
 > if that works.  You'd have to build an import library for your
 > executable and link the dll against that, but I'm not sure if NT would
 > even *allow* such a hack.

Yes, it works quite well (on Win9x at least). You can specify a .def
file when building an .exe with CL (or LINK), and it produces an
import .LIB. With gcc -mno-cygwin it's quite a bit more convoluted,
but it's possible. I came to the conclusion that with gcc you must
mark the exported functions with __declspec(dllexport), the .def file
is ignored. (And you must do the dance with multiple gcc and dlltool
passes.) I might be wrong...

--tml

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]