Subject: Re: scp for cygwin?
From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
To: Ross Smith <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:48:45 -0400

Ross Smith wrote:
> 
> Anyone know if there's a port of scp for cygwin? Francis Chang's ssh
> package includes it, but I can't get it to work.

I use the port listed on Sergey Okhapkin's page.
  http://www.lexa.ru/sos/

The actual archive site is:
   http://dome.weeg.uiowa.edu/pub/domestic/sos/ports/

The binary distribution for scp probably works although I compiled my
own copy. I downloaded the ssh source from the main ssh site, applied
the above diffs (ssh-1.2.26-cygwin.diff.gz), and compiled against the
latest Cygwin snapshot. I then "hacked" my copy to enable RSA
authentication so that I do not have to supply scp with a password any
more. It works for me. :-)

-- 
Steve Coleman     <[email-masked]>   http://www.jhuapl.edu/
<<--------->> Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory <<---------->>
Balt:443-778-6330 Fax:443-778-5597 Wash:240-228-6330 Fax:240-228-5597

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]