Subject: Re: include and library paths
From: Ian T Zimmerman <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 01 Jul 1999 21:34:56 +0000

>>>>> "Mumit" == Mumit Khan <[email-masked]> writes:

    Mumit> How about trying the "GCC" way -- use
    Mumit> -I/usr/X11R6.4/include -I...?

    Mumit> My personal opinion -- C_INCLUDE_PATH etc should never be
    Mumit> used. You should see the number of bug reports from people
    Mumit> who "forget" that they have these variables set in the
    Mumit> environment and of course gets the wrong include file and
    Mumit> all hell breaks loose. I like -I, -L, etc options that are
    Mumit> visible when compiling/linking a file.

Except that my original situation involved a configure failure.  I
know that I can pass extra options like this

CPPFLAGS=-I/foo/bar configure

but that only works for GNU autoconf style scripts, and only the clean 
ones among these.  (Ie. the ones that use CPPFLAGS and not some other
home cooked name, and that initialize it from the environment.)

-- 
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.
2325 3rd Street #324, San Francisco, California 94107

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]