Subject: Re: poring GNU C++ to NT
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: farnaz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:23:55 -0400

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 08:50:16AM -0700, farnaz wrote:
>We currently have our systems written in C++, and use GNU compiler
>to compile and run on Solaris.  What is involved in converting 
>our code to NT?  Do we just compile on NT using cygwin products,
>and are ready to go?  Do you have tools to run through the code
>and tell me what changes need to be made to the source code?
>I am particularly interested in something that tells me
>what needs to be changed, so I can come up with a time
>estimate for how long it takes to port the code.  Is there
>such a tool?  
>
>Please let me know.

We don't have any tools like this but the goal of the cygwin
project is to make porting from UNIX to NT as easy as possible
so it is possible that you will be able to just build everything
on Windows.  This is especially true if you are using a later
version of GCC on Solaris with similar featurs to whatever
compiler you're using on Windows.

I would suggest that if you download the Cygwin full.exe release
from one of the locations pointed to by

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

that you also search the pointers for Mumit Khan's site which has
an updated version of egcs/gcc.  If you download that you'll probably
have better luck than the out-of-date compiler that is distributed
with Cygwin B20.1.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]