Subject: Re: Wanna help adjust gnu C compiler for windows? (fwd)
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Joshua Rosen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:46:03 -0400

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:59:25AM -0400, Joshua Rosen wrote:
>> Here is the situation:  The gnu/cygnus C compiler for windows does not
>> presently fully implement the MS win32 API.
>
>What's the cause of this? Lack of libraries? Lack of header files?

It's a good question.  I actually found the post pretty opaque.

How would a C compiler implement an API, exactly?  Are we talking about
autogenerating C code?  And, why would it need to implement the
Microsoft API?  Since Microsoft has already implemented the API and
provides DLLs for that purpose what is the "C compiler" going to do
here?  Dunno.

I'm bemused by the fact that Cygnus is going to be very interested in
this.  As Win32 manager you'd think that I would have heard about
something about this before now.

(famous last words)

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]