Subject: ASPI problem with cdrecord under CygWin32.
From: Wolfgang Glas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:59:47 +0200

Hi!

  I'm using CygWin32 succesfully and now I finally tried to write CD's with
CygWin32 since Windows software is unable to write RockRidge-compliant (UNIX)
CD's.

  I had no luck, maybe because I have an SCSI CD writer. Here's what I got:

-------------------------------bash output---------------------------
/home/wglas > cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord release 1.8a22 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 J÷rg Schilling
Could not find any host adapters
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
ASPIStatus == 0xE4/home/wglas >
----------------------end of bash output-----------------------------

May be this is related to the following note of the README file, which comes
with the binary distribution. Unfortunately I'm completely confused by that
note. What the hell is ATAPI and ASPI31 etc.. I want to program and not become a
hardware expert! (I know using PC's is nearly the same as being an expert in
hardware interrupt adresses and driver confguration)

I got myself an update from adptec's aspi32-driver from their webpage and just
want to know whether this may help too, before actually disrupting my
confguration.

                        NOTE
                   
If you like to use the tools with SCSI or ATAPI, you need a working
ASPI32 driver and dll on your system. If you don't have it already,
look for 'aspi_me'. You need to set you clock back to a time before
Jan 1st 1999 to be able to install it. Note that 'aspi_me' contains
original Adaptec drivers and is banned from most ftp servers for this   
reason.

  Any help appreciated,

     Wolfgang

--
Mag. Wolfgang Glas
Institut fuer hydraulische Stroemungsmaschinen
Kopernikusgasse 24                              Phone:++43/316/873/7578
A-8010 Graz                                     Fax:  ++43/316/873/7577

mailto:[email-masked]   
http://fhysmsg01.tu-graz.ac.at/Wolfgang.Glas/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]