Subject: Re: cat broken
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: John Wiersba <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:52:08 -0400

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 11:18:15AM -0400, John Wiersba wrote:
>I tried the 6/10 dll.  It fixed the cat problem.  But now I frequently get
>the following error message:
>    0       0 [main] D:\opt\cygwin\bin\bash.exe 1008
>fhandler_base::fork_fixup: /jrw/jrw/mdst/sh/d - Win32 error 6, handle 0x30
>
>Is this caused by a mismatch in bash.exe (dated 12/1/98) vs.
>cygwin1.dll?  Do I have to install everything in the 6/10 cygwin-inst*,
>too?  That's more dangerous because it's harder to back out.

There is never going to be a mismatch between a newer "cygwin1" DLL and
an older binary.  What you're seeing is undoubtedly a bug in that
snapshot.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]