Subject: Re: B20.1: rmdir errno bug
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Thaddeus Kollar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:13:05 -0400

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 04:17:59PM -0400, Thaddeus Kollar wrote:
>When rmdir() attempts to remove a regular file (non-directory) and therefore
>fails, it sets errno to EISDIR instead of ENOTDIR. Tested on NT with B20.1;
>both egcs-2.91.57 and egcs-2.91.66; with binmode and without. Couldn't find
>a reference to the problem in the mailing list archives and didn't see an
>obvious way of fixing it in the source. Encountered the problem when porting
>dpkg. Test code below...

Thank you for the concise bug report, along with a test case.  This kind of
bug report makes tracking down problems a joy (well, almost).

I tried out your test case and got the same error on Windows NT as on
UNIX.  Then I remembered that a net user had supplied us with a patch
for this a couple of months ago.

So, it will be fixed in the next release.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]