Subject: Re: [ANN] Online Survey for Cygwin logo
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:49:54 +0200

> Just in case this isn't clear, this project has absolutely nothing to do
> with Cygnus.  Any logo that is decided on will, I assume, be used for
> the CD that Stipe Tolj is planning on producing.

This is right, we intend to use the logo for our Cygwin DEV CD release,
but
we intend also to _suggest_ a voted logo to Cygnus officials to use it
for
the Cygwin Project. We do not claim that we _will_ use it for the
project, we
just want to _suggest_ it!

> I would appreciate it if you would make this point clear in future
> posts.  This pronouncement seems to give the impression that you are
> some sort of organization which is officially associated with Cygwin.

Of course, sorry for the impression.

Hereby we state that we are no part of the official Cygwin development
team
nor we claim any kind of official rights towards the development of the
Cygwin Project.

> Cygwin differs from such projects as Linux, FreeBSD, and KDE in that it
> is provided by a company which holds and values its copyright.  It is
> actually closer to something like Mozilla in this respect.  For this
> reason, it is very important that issues like this are made clear.

Of course, we respect the copyright of the Cygwin Project and hence we
would
like (as a part of contributing to the project) to _suggest_ a Cygwin
logo.
We do _not_ claim to select one without asking the official members at
Cygnus.

Best regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]