Subject: Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp, find, less, zip, ls
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: John Wiersba <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:41:31 -0400

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 02:56:38PM -0400, John Wiersba wrote:
>Since no one has yet suggested a "stable" release of cygwin1.dll after 1/16,
>I tried the 5/23 release (it was the earliest one I could find after the
>3/28 date mentioned below).  It seems to be relatively stable so far (i.e.
>I've used it for several minutes so far!).  I did have to twiddle the
>registry settings for mounts (not unexpected, after the comment about mounts
>below).

What does "twiddle the registry settings" mean, exactly?  Does that mean that
you didn't use the newer "mount" program which is associated with the DLL?

AFAIK, there should be no need for any manual invervention in switching from
an older DLL to a newer.  The new DLL should read the older mount settings
and copy them to the appropriate place in the registry.

>2) It does not however seem to fix the "cd /; cd relativepath/dir" problem
>(apparently going out to the LAN).  Note that cd does eventually work -- it
>just hangs for several seconds before figuring things out. 
>
>=> Additional information: it doesn't hang when CDPATH is unset.  It does
>hang when CDPATH=.

So, in other words, this is probably  bash bug.  Is anyone willing to debug
this and offer a fix?

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]