Subject: Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp, f ind, less, zip, ls
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:37:28 -0400

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 02:55:41PM -0400, Lincoln, W. Terry wrote:
>> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> But both these problems are symptoms of a bug in the path translation
>> layer that was only addressed on March 28.  A simpler way to
>> demonstrate the problem is just to create a mount point and try to
>> access a file below it with a relative path.  A real killer bug IMHO
>> but MHO doesn't count :-)
>
>I am afraid I too agree that this is pretty much a utility killer of a bug.
>Perhaps this will someday be addressed and a real solution will be put
>forth.  This BUG has crippled many of my out-of-box porting attempts. :-(

Did you read the part that said "was... addressed on March 28"?  What kind
of "real solution" were you looking for besides a change to the DLL which
fixes the problem?

Incidentally, this terrible, unbelievably crippling bug has been in cygwin
pretty much since the beginning.

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe that this is also solved by creating
the appropriate directories in your root, as is suggested when you use the
mount program.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]