Subject: Re: [ANN] Online Survey for Cygwin logo
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:32:20 -0400

Just in case this isn't clear, this project has absolutely nothing to do
with Cygnus.  Any logo that is decided on will, I assume, be used for
the CD that Stipe Tolj is planning on producing.

Also, in case it isn't clear, The "Cygwin Project" is totally
unaffiliated with Cygnus.

I would appreciate it if you would make this point clear in future
posts.  This pronouncement seems to give the impression that you are
some sort of organization which is officially associated with Cygwin.

Cygwin differs from such projects as Linux, FreeBSD, and KDE in that it
is provided by a company which holds and values its copyright.  It is
actually closer to something like Mozilla in this respect.  For this
reason, it is very important that issues like this are made clear.

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 03:12:04PM +0200, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>This is an announcement for our upcoming Online Suvery for a Cygwin
>logo. We intend to let all users vote for suggested logo to be used in
>the furture for the Cygwin Project as many other free software projects
>have their own logos (Linux, FreeBSD, KDE etc.)
>
>All users are asked to send in their logo suggestions so we may add them
>to our online survey page. Please visit our project's web site at
>
>    http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/
>
>for more details on the online survey.
>
>Regards,
>Stipe
>
>--
>Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
>
>Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
>http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/
>
>Department of Economical Computer Science
>University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]