Subject: Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp, find, less, zip, ls
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: Phil Edwards <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:30:00 +0000

Phil Edwards wrote:

> The version of gcc released in full.exe is not what one would call recent,
> since full.exe is not that recent either.  There's nothing the Cygwin folks
> can do about this one until the next Cygwin release, other than to recommend
> that the shipped compiler be replaced.
>
> Since Cygwin and EGCS are both experimental bleeding-edge packages, it's not
> too unreasonable to expect that people will be willing to try and replace
> certain packages.  (Such replacement won't necessarily be /easy/, but that's
> also to be expected.  :-)

You can get the LATEST port of gcc for cygwin32, mingw32 and UWIN from Mumit
Khan's web/ftp site.
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
These are drop in replacements for the cygwin32, mingw32 and UWIN pacages.

Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]