Subject: Re: How do I split binaries to manageable chunks
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:11:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- [email-masked] wrote:
-8<-
> Well, this looks exactly like the situation that shows the ultimate
> futility of trying to accomodate MSDOG text files.  How is split to
> know what type of file it is handling?  Should we embed a copy of
> file(1) into split?  Stoop down to MSDOG practice and rely on file
> names?  Or what?

The utility split should just always process in binary mode.

===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:[email-masked]>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't include me)
_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]