Subject: Memory leaks in bash
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:53:35 +0000

I've installed cygwin-b20.1 and also the updates
"cygwin-inst-19990115.tar.gz & cygwin1-19990115.dll" on my Win98 box
(128MB RAM).  I leave my computer on over the weekend with some apps
running (bash/rxvt and codewright editor mainly).  When I come in on
Monday the system is running VERY VERY slow.  It takes 30 seconds for
mouse and keyboard events to register.  I eventually got all apss to
shutdown via the exit menus and try to restart the computer.  A dialog
pops up saying that I have to quit "bash" first, but it is nowhere to be
seen.

Has anyone else seen similar symptoms ?  (If so, what platforms ?).
Is there a known memory leak in bash ?
Are there updates for bash or cygwin dll ?

Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]