Subject: RE: Postgresql 6. 5 cygwin ports available ?
From: "Christian Jullien" <[email-masked]>
To: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin@Sourceware. Cygnus. Com (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:54:32 +0200

I didn' t find any README.NT in the official 06/15/1999 distribution nor
form the previous mail (perhaps in 06/18/1999 snapshot).

> > 2) sh configure complains that backend/port/tas/dummy.s
> > cannot be linked to
> > tas.s
> ?????? Not at my machine.

You're right, the official distribution contains dummy.s but it's a little
bit too dummy fot this stupid (but useful) winzip70 (0 bytes silently
removed). An empty line with a single carriage return should make winzip
(and me) happy.

> My libcrypt.a was in the Andy Piper tools.

I've found a link to ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/aux/ and pay a fortune
to transfert the complete ~4.5 Mbytes tools suite just to have a ~8 Kbytes
libcrypt.a. To now more of what it is exacly needed, I just installed the
missing files and ONLY libcrypt.a is used from Andy Piper tools (other tools
are also interesting for other purpose but not to compile Postgresql).
Perhaps, it could help other users if you provide the required
files/tools/library as a separate tar.gz file from the standard
distribution.

Now I'have correctly made the compilation. I gonna test further the binary.

Thank you for your help.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]