Subject: Re: "sed" bug?
From: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:35:06 -0400

On 17 Jun 1999 at 9:46AM (-0700) [email-masked] wrote:

> Is ash supposed to be a full implementation os the POSIX shell?

Not yet. On some platforms ash is in the process of being changed to
conform with the POSIX.2 specification.

> If not, you'll always run into scripts that are hash-banged with
> #!/bin/sh but contain constructs ash won't understand.

I've read that many Linux packages provide scripts hash-banged with
"#!/bin/sh" that depend on "bashisms"... as if bash was some sort of
standard.  That would present problems not only for ash but for any
POSIX shell as well.

-glenn

-- 
 )      Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>      )   _       _____
 )   Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.   )_ (__\____o /_/_ |
 )  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  )   >-----._/_/__]>
 )- blue skies - happy trails - sweet dreams -)             `0  |

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]