Subject: Re: odd 'configure' problems
From: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:58:52 -0700

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999, Mumit Khan wrote:
[...]
> btw, I was perhaps a bit too harsh on -mno-cygwin, and possibly because
> I don't have a clean solution to the "picking up wrong header and lib"
> problem. One way of course is to use a combination of -nostdinc and
> -idirafter <...> when -mno-cygwin is specified in the specs file, and
> that might just work very well.

Yep, there are pitfalls currently.  We would like volunteers to help
make the mingw support better, including submitting patches that make
the source tree build libstdc++ without Cygwin as well as with.  Some
rewriting of the specs file may help this mode as well.

Until this happens, people will run into problems unless they're
careful.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer		Email: [email-masked]
Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]