Subject: Something is rotten in recent snapshots
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:50:02 -0400

There is some kind of memory corruption in recent snapshots.  I'm
tracking down the cause now.  Unless you want to track down the problem
for me, you'd all probably be well-advised not to use any snapshot from
the last week or so.

Just in case anyone cares, the problem I see is that an attempt to close
all of the open handles in the spawn_guts() function uncovers the fact
that the heap is corrupted.  I'm trying to find out where the corruption
occurs now.

I don't suppose that Electric Fence has been ported to cygwin?

-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]