Subject: Re: i586-(pc-)cygwin
From: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:09:30 -0400

On Jun 16 1999 at 03:34AM +0000, Mikey wrote:
> 
> What needs updating is the switches to configure in DJ's autobuild
> script

Not necessarily.

I believe config.guess/config.sub will render the canonical form of
"i586-pc-cygwin32". (Newer versions probably drop the "32".)

I prefer to supply a host_alias of "i586-cygwin32", but I'm sure
there's nothing wrong with DJ's scripts.

Actually, the target subdirectory is not even needed in some cases.
I ran B19 for months without it. (I forced a target subdir of ".".
I believe that's why I was never able to build the winsup sources
with B19.  :-)

    "The GNU configure and build system" by Ian Lance Taylor
              <http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/>

-glenn

-- 
 )      Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>      )   _       _____
 )   Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.   )_ (__\____o /_/_ |
 )  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  )   >-----._/_/__]>
 )- blue skies - happy trails - sweet dreams -)             `0  |

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]