Subject: Re: new cygwin.dll (was Re: Make problems)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Samy Alex ZAIMI <[email-masked]>
Cc: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:29:27 -0400

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 05:03:06AM +0000, Samy Alex ZAIMI wrote:
>DJ Delorie a écrit :
>> Then you have the old mount.
>
>Ok, if I go to :
>(closest_cygwin_ftp_mirror_site)/pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/latest/src-by-top-dir/
>do I have to download the whole stuff, or just a few of them ?  If I
>download the whole thing, would it mean that I upgrade my 20.1 distro
>to 20.1.1 or 20.2 or 21.0 or ...  ?

You would go to the same place where you got the aforementioned snapshot
to begin with.  Download the DLL sources from there.  Or, just get the
installation binaries which will have the newest version of mount.

>Another question, what about the initial value of "cygdrive prefix" in
>the registry database : why isn't it set to empty by default ?  (sorry
>if I ask too much, or if this is not the kind of question to ask to
>cygnus developers :)

I'm not sure why you think this should be empty.  The value of "cygdrive
prefix" is used for drives which do not have corresponding mount table
entries.  That means if you want to access the foo directory on your q:
drive you use:

	/cygdrive/q/foo

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]