Subject: Re: Visual Studio Makefiles
From: Tadeusz Liszka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:20:50 -0500

I was fighting with similiar project last year - and cursing Microsoft
:-) DevStudio has built in tests for the "consistency" of the project
files. One of these "tests" rejects the file if there is Unix newline
instead of DOS cr-lf bs. Yet they did not bother to warn that there are
obvious problems like several silently enforced size limits (e.g. max
length of include paths is 760 chars or so).

I gave up and switched fully to Cygwin make driving VC++ in batch mode.
Be warned.

Eric Christopher wrote:
> 
> > Do anyone of you know what is the grammar of the Microsoft project files/
> > Gnu makefiles? What do you think about a converter based on ANTLR ( a
> > flex/Yacc like with a lot of enhancements)
> >
.....
-- 
Tadeusz
:: The public opinion should be alarmed by its own nonexistence
:: (512)467-0618 ext. 526 ::       Stanislaw J. Lec, trans. TJL

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]