Subject: binary/text files
From: Aldo Mazzilli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:03:26 +0200

Hello there,

can someone tell me how CYGWIN32 handles text and binary files ??

Especially with :

- open() call 
- pipes and sockets
- tty's and ptys
- cat() command

What is the best way to control the case where \r characters are
inserted in front of each \n.

The problem is because I have a program which counts the bytes of a
file, and I have to modifiy it in order to :
-  count 1 byte at each newline under Unix
- count 2 bytes at each newline under Win32

What is the best way to do that ??
Thanks in advance ...
-- 
=======================================================================
,',',',',',',' Aldo MAZZILLI             | INRIA Rhone-Alpes          |
,',',',',',',' [email-masked]| 655, avenue de l'Europe    |
,',',',',',',' Tel : 04 76 61 53 91      | 38330 Montbonnot St Martin |
,',',',',',',' Fax : 04 76 61 52 52      | FRANCE                     |
,',' *** Site WEB : http://www.inrialpes.fr/vasy/people/Aldo.Mazzilli |
=======================================================================

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]