Subject: Re: new cygwin.dll (was Re: Make problems)
From: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
To: Samy Alex ZAIMI <[email-masked]>
Cc: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:24:32 -0700

> Another question, what about the initial value of "cygdrive prefix"
> in the registry database :
> why isn't it set to empty by default ?

I thought that /cygdrive would make the best default because it
wouldn't likely be a directory already in existance at the top level
of any drives.  Just using slash, is what I prefer personally but it's
much more likely that someone would have a directory like "a" at the
top level of a Windows filesystem so I don't like that as the general
default.

The new automount system is important in that it guarantees that
Cygwin will have a way to translate any Win32 path back to a valid
POSIX path.  (Since we're deprecating //<drive-letter>/ as that
mechanism, we had to come up with another way).

I don't expect we'll change it from how things are in the current
snapshots in the next Cygwin release.  At least, not in terms of the
new mount table layout.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer		Email: [email-masked]
Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]