Subject: X-server
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:14:44 -0400

For those who may have already downloaded the X-server binaries.  here are
the fixes for configuration files.

in /usr/local/etc/ggi open libggi.conf, libgii.conf and libggimisc.conf
files in a NotePad or whatever
wordprocessor you like.

1) Replace all the occurance of .so (note a dot before so) with -0-0-0.dll.
Then save the files with new changes.

2) Start a Cygwin Bash shell

3) cd to /usr/X11R6/bin

3) type export DISPLAY=:0

4) type export GGI_DEBUG=255 (it is recommended, if you want to send a
report.  this tells us
what the GGI graphic libraries are doing in the background).

5) type ./XGGI

6) in another bash shell try opening an X application.

X-server will come-up.  I am having problems though with displaying the
xterm and xclock apps.
That is what so far I am trying.  I am hopefull I will resolve this issue
too.

Have fun trying to figure out the these problems.  Good Luck.

Suhaib

PS: please note do not try to mix X11R6.4 dlls with this server.  I am not
sure if they will create problems.  I have not tried it yet.  This is an
alpha release so try to stay with X11R6.3 libs only
please.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]