Subject: B20.1, NT 4.0, make not working. Java classpath not seen
From: nasser abbasi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 01:18:22 -0700

Hello,

I just installed B20.1 on Nt 4.0.

I have a working set of Makefiles that I copied from
my Linux box to compile on NT.

I did export MAKE_MODE=UNIX (always tried lower case unix),
but that did not help.

the problem is this:

/d/jdk1.2.1/bin/javac -g -classpath ../..:../../mail.jar foo.java

the above failes that it can not find a class file. (which
is there under ../..)

When I removed the part of the classpath after the ':', it works!
and javac does find the class OK.

ie.

/d/jdk1.2.1/bin/javac -g -classpath ../.. foo.java

works OK.

As I said, this is all makefiles that works OK on Linux.

Is there a problem with paths that are more than one part
appended with ':' in cygwin make?

btw, if execute the above javac command (with the long
path in it) from a dos window (changing the '/' to '\', and 
the ':' to ';') , it works OK also as expected.

any ideas what I need to do to make this makefile work under
cygwin Make?

thanks,
Nasser

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]