Subject: Re: 'find' case insensitive filenames
From: "Lars Gregersen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:56:57 -0100

Date sent:      	Fri, 4 Jun 1999 01:03:34 -0400
From:           	Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To:             	[email-masked]
Subject:        	Re: 'find' case insensitive filenames
Organization:   	the aerie

> On Jun 04 1999 about 10:49AM +0800, Yu-Jui Lee wrote:
> 
> > This may be a stray topic. But in a Win32 environment, the
> > convention with file names is case insensitive.
> find . -iname "foo*" | grep -i bar

Dear Cygwinners

For the interesting and common use of 'find'+'grep' I have created a 
Perl programme called findgrep. I runs well on Unix and Windows and 
handles the case insensitiveness required for everyday searches. 
Although the programme isn't as advanced or fast as 'find'+'grep' I 
have many satisfied users. The programme is free. You'll find it at:
http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~matlg/findgrep/

  Regards

    Lars

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Lars Gregersen                         Telephone no.: +45 45 25 28 08
Technical University of Denmark        Fax no.      : +45 45 88 22 58
Department of Chemical Engineering     E-mail       : [email-masked]
Bygning 229
DK-2800 Lyngby
Denmark
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Homepage: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~matlg/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]