Subject: Re: Make
From: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 00:51:00 -0400 (EDT)

Geoffrey Noer wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 1999, Richard Hickling wrote:  [...]
>
> > My 'make' does not support this feature.  I have been told the
> > newest ones should.

This feature is apparently supported as far back as make 3.75.

> > The info documentation on 'make' (that I have) does not mention
> > 'define'/'endef', however.  Thus, I was confused.

Just for the record, the info documentation distributed with
Cygwin B20.1 is for 'make' version 3.75 Beta and it does mention
define/endef.

You can search for those terms from within info or simply enter
"info make sequences" at the bash prompt.

> Future versions of Cygwin will include make 3.77 which is the
> latest version of GNU make.

-glenn

-- 
 )      Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>      )   _       _____
 )   Fayetteville, North Carolina, C. S. A.   )_ (__\____o /_/_ |
 )  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  )   >-----._/_/__]>
 )- blue skies - happy trails - sweet dreams -)             `0  |

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]