Subject: Re: lex and yacc...
From: Paul Berrevoets <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin-list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:41:47 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> Hi,anyone here has used the lex and yacc in the cygwin?
> I found a byacc and a bison, a flex and a flex++,
> but I am not sure of their usage.Is there anything different
> from the lex,yacc of unix?

We have a number of libraries that use flex and bison. They used to use
lex and yacc - some ported without any modifications. Of particular
note, one library relies on recursive calls to yyparse, which with yacc
required a lot of extra bookkeeping for the global variables. Bison is
better in this regard because most of the variables are on the stack,
which makes recursive use a no-brainer.
--------------------------------------------
Paul Berrevoets              [email-masked]
Halcyon Inc.           http://www.halcyon.ca

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]