Subject: Re: how to run bash under latest snapshot
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:33:11 -0400

On Thu, Feb 12, 1970 at 05:15:47PM +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>Is it generally possible to run bash from b20.1 with the cygwin1.dll 
>from the latest snaphot.

What is the "latest" snapshot?  There has been a problem for some time
but the "latest" snapshot (as of today) should have fixed it.

>I get a core dump directly after invoking bash. Are there any new
>environment variables to set.
>
>Will B20.1 compiled executables still run under the next version of 
>cygwin ?

Yes.

We'll change the name to cygwin2.dll when/if binary incompatibility
is introduced.  That won't happen in the next release but it probably
will in the release after that.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]