Subject: Error running Make with Cygwin tools
From: Linda Seymour <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:51:32 -0500

Hi,

We currently build on 4 platforms, solaris, aix, hpux and nt.  Our NT
builds currently work using a version of MKSNT which we want to move away
from.  We have a lot of directory structure in our build and we use imake
to facilitate the making of our product.  Imake provides rules for building
makefiles.  One of those rules is MakeMakeSubdirs.  It provides shell code
to traverse directory structure.  When gmake runs, it requires sh.exe to
translate the shell code, generated from the MakeMakeSubdirs rule. When we
run using the sh.exe from the Cygwin b20 binaries, we get the error shown
below:

>gmake Makefiles
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
i:\gnutools\gmake\gmake: [Makefiles] Error 2 (ignored)

When we run this same gmake Makefiles command using the sh.exe from MKSNT,
everything works correctly.  

The same lines get generated on all platforms and execute fine on all our
unix platforms (solaris, aix, and HPUX). 

System configuration:
NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or with Service Pack 5
GNU Make version 3.76.1
Cygwin B20
We don't know what version of imake.exe (for NT) that we are running.

Are you aware of any problems in relationship to using imake and gmake with
Cygwin
tools. 

Also,  uname.exe returns CYGWIN32_NT. I need this to return Window_NT.  Is
there a
way to make it do this?

Thanks
Linda Seymour

Linda Seymour
email:    [email-masked]						
Direct phone: 	(512) 383-3155

Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc.  	Switchboard: (512) 383-3000
Frost Bank Plaza				fax:   (512) 383-3300
816 Congress Avenue, Suite 1300
Austin, Texas  78701

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]