Subject: install.exe and make install can't handle executables?
From: Ian Zimmerman <[email-masked]>
To: Cygnus tools mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 14:24:19 -0700

Hi, it looks like running "make install" pretty much on any GNU style
package will fail because the makefile rule passes "foo" as the filename
for install while the file that must be installed is "foo.exe".  Note
that this _cannot_ be solved by telling "--program-suffix=.exe" to
configure, because that only changes the destination name, not the
source name.

Is there any solution to this, or am I just out of luck and have to copy
files manually?  The problem with this is not so much my laziness as the
fact that sometimes "make install" does other important things I don't
want to miss.

-- 
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.
2325 3rd Street #324, San Francisco, California 94107

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]