Subject: Re: File handle limit in msvcrt
From: "Nirmal Prasad" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:48:18 -0400

hi there,

>The _setmaxstdio function changes the maximum value for the number of files
which may be simultaneously open at the stdio level.
>
>
>Note   This upper limit may be beyond what is supported by a particular
Win32 platform and configuration.
>
Frankly .. i am totally confused now... On one hand the max no. of files
according to the documentation is based on what library one links to on the
other hand it can be changed to a max beyond what a particular Win32
platform supports.. Well if you set the limit to a max of 2048 handles then
how do u find out if this exceeds ur platform limit??? more precisely how do
u then determine the max. number of files that can be opened .

And what is the platform limit?????????

Does mingw (msvcrt.dll) suffer from the limitation , does cygwin (glibc)
suffer from a similar limitation????

Regards

Nirmal Prasad R.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]