Subject: Re: B20.1: ftime bug
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:59:59 -0400

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 04:16:24PM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>On Mon, 10 May 1999, Scott Herndon wrote:
>> ftime() is filling the time member of its argument with something other than
>> the number of seconds since the epoch.
>> 
>> time() returns a number close to 926367193 (which seems right) while the
>> time member that ftime() populates is filled with a number like 2949164.
>> gettimeofday() seems to return the same (wrong) value that ftime() does.
>
>gettimeofday and anything else that uses the same backend, eg., ftime, is
>broken in b20.1. Search the mailing list for more info. Good news is that
>it's fixed in recent snapshots, and so you can expect it fixed in b21.
>
>Interestingly enough, I see a 20 second or so lag in Cygwin's time than in
>the native time. Wonder if it's just due to the time taken to process the
>data and so on.

Yow!  I hope it isn't that slow.

Btw, someone just submitted a patch for dealing with daylight savings
time.  I haven't had a chance t evaluate it yet.  I've heard conflicting
reports as to whether there is actually a problem or not.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]