Subject: RE: DLL's and inlined methods
From: "Schaible, Joerg" <[email-masked]>
To: "'cygwin-list'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Mumit Khan'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:00:37 +0200

Hello Mumit,

thanks for the info.

>This is a bug in egcs-1.1.2 that shows up when dealing with inline 
>methods in DLLs. The linkage directive is slightly wrong, and you end 
>up with multiple definitions instead of the linker discarding duplicates 
>as expected.
>
>It's fixed in upcoming egcs-1.2 (please don't ask me when that'll be
>released).
>
>The workaround is to avoid inline methods is DLL exported/imported
>classes. Define these out-of-line in .cc file and you should be all
>set.

This is a show-stopper for me. I cannot adjust more than 1600 classes
(compilable with more than 20 compilers). So I'll have to wait.

Greetings
Jörg

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]