Subject: STDIN redirection under GDB
From: Stefano Federici <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:03:46 +0200

I found a similar question in a letter to the list on 1995, but I did
not find any answer.
I'm having problems using GDB with a program that uses standard-input.
I uses gdb 4.17.1 delivered with cygwinb20.1 (I also installed
egcs.1.1.2, but I don't know if it can influence in any way this
behaviour).
All is well when running (other) programs that do not use stdin.  I use
this form of the run command:

    run < input

Where 'input' is my input file, in the current directory.  GDB just sits

there, forever. I can only break the loop by typing CTRL-C and obtain
the debugger prompt.
I also tried to use the argument setting options:

   set args < input

but the result is exactly the same.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior?
Can it depend on the binary/text mode of cygwin?

Thank you in advance

Stefano Federici

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]