Subject: Re: Regex woes (and possible solution)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:29:57 -0400

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 09:48:44PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>Having checked the archives for a solution to my woes of getting id-utils 3.2d
>to work under cygwin with the non-posixified version of regex that is included
>and instead finding more people with the same problem as I, I would like to
>say that the version included in the package works (where as the one in cygwin
>does not). May I suggest that the maintainers look into using that one (it is
>under the GPL as it is copyrighted by the FSF.

We can't use GPL'ed source in Cygwin unless it's owned by Cygnus.

cgf

(Ok!  Quick everybody!  Let's have another long, drawn-out discussion about
licensing issues.  The prequisites: minimal to no reading of past threads on
the subject and/or minimal to non-existent understanding of the GPL, LGPL,
or Cygwin's licensing)

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]