Subject: Re: Error reading line numbers ?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Mikey <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:24:51 -0400

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 02:48:20PM +0000, Mikey wrote:
>The only use for libc.a libm.a TIKO is to recompile
>libcygwin.a without recompiling newlib.
>You can either hand edit the Makefile in .../obj/i586-cygwin32/winsup
>and use 
>LIBC_A=`gcc -print-file-name=libc.a`
>LIBM_A=`gcc -print-file-name=libm.a`
>which will work BTW whether you build newlib or not. (Why isn't this the default?)
>
>or just place a copy of both libs in .../obj/i586-cygwin32/newlib This
>will save quite a large percentage of the time normally used in a
>configure/compile, but be careful about version/header changes in
>newlib.  ie READ the Changelog, if you do this.-) or just use the ones
>from the same snap.

"be careful about version/header changes"?  That's the reason why this
isn't the default.  You don't have to be careful if you have an up-to-date
newlib.  If you are finding the libc.a that's installed then you'll have
to edit the Makefile to make it find the correct libc.a or you'll have to
remember to always install newlib.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]