Subject: Strange Bash Problem
From: Tim Taylor <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:58:44 -0400

I'm seeing strange errors from a bash shell using the B20.1 release.

Here's the situation:
1) The DOS path G:\ is mounted at /cygdrive/g
2) My current directory is 3 subdirectories from the root, though I've
seen it with any number (/cygdrive/g/a/b/c).
3) There is a shell script I want to execute in the parent directory
(/cygdrive/g/a/b/script)

The Problem:
From the directory /cygdirve/g/a/b/c if I type the following at the bash
prompt:
../script

I get the following error message:
../../script: Can't open ../../script

If I move down another level, and type
../../script

I get the following error message:
../../../../script: Can't open ../../../../script

Whatever relative path I add gets doubled.  If I specify the absolute
path:
/cygdrive/g/a/b/script
then everything works.

Has anyone seen this behavior before and know how to fix it?
- Tim

--
======================================================================
 Timothy L. Taylor                        Internet: [email-masked]
 Lead Software Systems Engineer              Voice: (781) 271-8770
 The Mitre Corporation                         Fax: (781) 271-7231
 202 Burlington Rd.                      Mail Stop: B295
 Bedford, Massachusetts 01730-1420
======================================================================

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]