Subject: Re: MAKE and MinGW32 problems.
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "Lincoln, W. Terry" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 05:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brendan Simon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Lincoln, W. Terry" wrote:
> 
> > Did you set the MAKEMODE variable to DOS?
> >
> > AFAIK - make is using C:\bin\sh.exe as the shell because the variable is
> > set or defaults to UNIX.
> 
--8<--

I don't think this has anything to do with Brendan's problem.

--8<--
> Nope.  That didn't work either.
> It seems that all the GNU Makes that have been compiled for Mingw32 have some
> dependencies on the cygwin DLL.  I don't know why ?  Maybe it is actually
> just the cygwin make dressed up in a mingw32 archive ?
--8<--

If you're using the JanJaap's build of make then it is not cygwin dependent. 
If you want to be absolutely certain, use a binary editor and search for
cygwin.

--8<--
> Am I right in assuming that if GNU make was compiled with cygwin (or using a
> cross-compiler targeted for Mingw32) and the -mno-cygwin switch is supplied,
> then there should be absolutely no references to the cygwin DLL.
--8<--

This is mostly correct.  However I suppose one could force the use of the
cygwin dll even if the objects themselves are non-cygwin assuming that they
could get it properly initialized.

Brendan, did you try my suggestion of setting the SHELL variable in the
Makefile?  I.E.: SHELL = COMMAND.COM

You could also set the environment variable SHELL with a value of COMMAND.COM.
===
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]