Subject: Re: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:20:42 -0500

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 02:57:42AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> 3. If everyone agrees that the best thing to do is modify "mv" and this is
>>    the only change necessary to make sure "mv" doesn't break as a result,
>>    how come its not part of the change?  Shouldn't the goal be to improve
>>    Cygwin rather than taking one step forward and then one step back?
>
>The change was invented in a b21 winsup snapshot. This isn't a official
>release and has nothing to do with the implementation of GNU fileutils.
>This is another point.

Actually, was it even your change, Corinna?  I can't find it in the
ChangeLog.

Has someone come up with a patch for `mv' yet?  If so, please send it to
me with a ChangeLog entry and I'll get it into Cygnus's sources and look
into getting it into the FSF sources as well.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't think there is any way to
modify Cygwin to work around the current behavior.  This requires an
`mv' modification.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]