Subject: Re: problem building egcs-1.1.2
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:41:54 EST

In a message dated 3/29/99 6:34:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> So far, I only found that the expect interpreter has the pathname problem. 
> All
>  other cygwin tools appear ok. //<drive letter>/ did not work either. It had
> to be
>  a relative path, or start with a dirver letter and colon.
Some of the cygwin snapshots, begining with the Jan. 23 version, gave me this
problem with not recognizing //d, requiring either d: or not working at all
with drive designation, however the Mar. 8 snapshot has cured this.  Its main
annoying feature is the continual warning about losing track of a job numbered
something like 2^31.  The last 2 snapshots refused to run tar, so I backed
them out.  For the time being, I've also backed out my installation of
make-3.77, as the Mar. 8 snapshot seems to do OK with its own version of make.

I tried copying egcs testsuite to drive C: on my NT box today (standard
cygwin-b20.1) and it does sometimes see successful executions not seen when
reading from //d.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]