Subject: Re: Help with installing
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: Nirmal Vuppuluri <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:13:00 -0800 (PST)

--- Nirmal Vuppuluri <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have just started setting up Cygwin's bash. I do the mounts and
> umounts as specified in the User's guide. But when I start Cygwin bash
> again after some time, I see that the mounts and umounts did not have any
> "persistent" effect. Its just like I am starting Cygwin bash the first
> time. I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

I believe that you are using NT, is this correct?  If so, you are a member of
the administrator group, is this correct?  If yes, to both of these, then you'll
have to modify the registry data with regedit to modify the root path.  You'll
find the key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus Solutions.  Follow the
paths until you find the appropriate one and modify the value.  If you do
`cygcheck -r' you'll have a list of the registry entries created/used by
cygwin.

===
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]