Subject: Re: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)
From: David Dagon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:01:59 -0500

Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> 
> No, it's a feature.  Thanks to M$ the filenames are case insensitive.
>
> As for the renaming of the files from Upper to lower to begin with, can you do
> it again?  Does it happen all the time?  If so, supply the output of `cygpath -s
> -v -r' (pasted in the mail) and a test case showing exactly the commands you
> used to move the files.

Very sorry for the sketchy details of the bug report; I was in a
terrible hurry
to rewrite some lost code.

When I next boot into NT (it will be a few days), I'll provide the
output of
cygpath -s -v -r.  (This was clearly stated in the bug reporting page; I
neglected to follow all the instructions.)  I'll also try the latest
snapshot,
to see if this fixes things.

As another reader noticed, the problem occurs with a Samba share, if
this
helps in the interim.  I did check the Samba source (2.0.3), and did not
see any errors therein.  I can only repeat this problem through an NT
Samba 
share using Cygwin.  (Cmd works fine, believe it or not.)

When I get some free time (when? ha.)  I'd like to pitch in and track
this 
one down; I believe it's in Cygwin, though it's origin is ultimately in
DOS.

Thanks to all for your hard work.

David Dagon
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]