Subject: Re: mount command
From: "Richard Lyon" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:37:47 +1000

See comments below:

-----Original Message-----
From: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 1999 7:36
Subject: Re: mount command

>You're using bash's builtin mkdir (or cygwin's mkdir.exe), and it's
>using the mount table.  You need to use MS's shell so it won't know
>about the mount table.
>

OK, I tried doing it from explorer, the MS command prompt and bash.
After mounting the partition, the mount point works correctly for things
like -I option in gcc and cygpath. So I believe I have done the correct
thing. It's the
find command that doesn't work. I even get stranger results if I attempt
something like mount D:/topdirectory /home. Find generates the following
output:

find: /home/filename: No such file or directory

for every file in topdirectory.

I have 20.1 installed.

Luckily it does appear I can use cygpath in install script to cope with
these problems.
It converts the paths correctly to win32 format which work with find and
tcl.

I consider this sort of behaviour as a bug. Before I consider filing a bug
report or maybe
trying to fix it, has anyone managed to get find to work across mounted
partitions?

Cheers ....

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]