Subject: MinGW32 make.exe not executing shell commands.
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:20:19 +1100

I have installed GNU make from Jan-Jaap van der Heijden's GNU-Win32 web
page.  It is version 3.77 and I think it was compiled with egcs-1.1.1.

I can't seem to able to execute built in shell (command.com) commands
such as 'echo' and 'mkdir'.  The output/errors I get are :

mkdir obj
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), mkdir obj, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there a bug or do I need to set up something first ??
I put my mkdir commands in a batch file and make found the batch files
ok and executed the mkdir commands fine.  It looks like make is looking
for an executable called 'mkdir' and barfing if it can't find any.

Does any one have any ideas why 'make' is not executing the built in
shell commands ???

Thanks,
Brendan Simon

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]