Subject: Re: X11R6.4
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)
To: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:48:19 GMT

Hello Pierre, you wrote:
>At 05:11 PM 3/12/99 GMT, Michael Weiser wrote:
>> I've tried both Arlindo da Silva's vanilla
>>X11R6.4 and Sergey Okhapkins X11R6.4 ..... 
>In addition there is also Andy Piper's on ftp.franken.de...
As far as I know Andy's distribution bases on Sergey's patches to
X11R6.4 adding some additional ones for making xemacs run smoothly.
Also AFAIK Arlindo's binaries are completely independent of these two.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

>Did anyone compare the merits and unique features of these ports? Any recommendation?
To me Arlindo's distribution seems more complete since it already
includes some window managers, rxvt and (useful for freeciv :-)
libXpm. On the other hand it took longer to be available for B20.1
which was the reason I had to use Sergey's binaries first and compile
libXpm myself first to make freeciv run (just as an example). Of
course I don't know if this will be the same for any upcoming release
of Cygwin.
-- 
bye, Michael

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]