Subject: Re: find, ksh, and job control
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: "Rick Rankin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 20:48:14 -0500

>True, but from what I've seen, even those commands don't generally have
>nearly the functionality of the GNU equivalents. Please understand that I'm
>not just trying to be contrary. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not
missing
>something.
>

Sorry, I am not contradicting you.  I mention in my previous message(s) that
every one has his own preferences.  I do not like to rename or delete
anything from one system (or program).  I prefer to avoid conflicts if I
notice any therefore I took the two batch files approach as I wrote
previously.

I do not think you are missing anything, you have your prefrences and I have
mine.  Your configuration works for you and I am not against it.  I am
simply stating what I have, in response to David's message that he had some
problems.

I agree those functionalities (UNIX option pack) are no where close to GNU
packages.  However, if you get it free then why not use it.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>[email-masked]
>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]