Subject: Building wxWindows/Mingw executables using Cygwin32
From: Chris <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>, "'wxwin-developers'" <[email-masked]>, cygwin <[email-masked]>, John Storey <[email-masked]>, Francois ROMIEU <[email-masked]>, Pat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:32:41 +0100

Hi,

I finally did it :-)

Thank you very much Mumit for helping, and thanks to other peoples who
tried to help.

My last mistake was : I've forgotten to recompile wxWindows ... 

So, this is what I did (with Mumit's advices and help)

1) went to www.delorie.com/howto/cygwin/mno-cygwin-howto.html and read
the manual 

2) got the extra library package from
ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/egcs-1.1.1/egcs-1.1.1-mingw-libs.tar.gz 

3) unpacked and installed it in usr/local/mingw-libs (for example)

4) got _G_config.h from Mumit and put it in wx/src/mingw (I created that
directory)

5) changed wx/src/make95.env :
  a) CC = c++ -mno-cygwin
  b) OPTIONS= -D__EGCS__ -mno-cygwin 
  c) WINLIBS=-lwinspool -lwinmm -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -lodbc32 
  d) INC = -I$(WXINC) -I$(WXDIR)/src/png
-I$(WXDIR)/include/wx/msw/gnuwin32 -I$(WXDIR)/src/zlib
-I$(WXDIR)/src/mingw $(EXTRAINC) $(COMPPATHS)
  e) LDFLAGS = $(WINDOWSLDFLAGS) -L$(WXDIR)/lib -L/usr/local/mingw-libs
$(EXTRALDFLAGS)

6) recompile wxWindows

7) recompile my sources

It runs perfectly now, and I would add all this resolved the warning I
had without -mno-cygwin : 
/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/i586-cygwin32/bin/ld: warning: cannot find
entry symbol _WinMainCRTStartup; defaulting to 00401000

So, thank you everybody. I hope this experience will help those who want
to build mingw executables with Cygwin32.

Regards,
Christine

-- 
Christine Pourcelot
Stagiaire projet CODES
INRIA ROCQUENCOURT

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]